Skip To Content
Spelman BDT Suites

Special Needs and Your Room Assignment

There are sometimes circumstances when a student needs a certain type of room or specific features in her living space to be successful.  Many times, these needs are related to physical health and/or emotional wellbeing.   The request process to address any such need is called the medical accommodation process.

Any student who requires a medical accommodation in her assigned room must submit the appropriate documentation to the Spelman College Student Access Center. To maintain your medical privacy, no forms or medical information should be sent to the Housing and Residence Life office.

For general information on the typical accommodations available and eligibility guidelines, please download the Accessibility in Spelman College Residence Halls.

A student must complete the Student Access Center Application and have a healthcare provider complete the Verification Form.

These forms and guidelines on required documentation may be retrieved online at the Student Access Center Registration and Renewal web page.