Thank You for Your Interest in Covering the 127th Spelman College Commencement
All media -- reporters, photographers, videographers, freelancers -- interested in covering
Spelman College Commencement activities must request media credentials
no later than Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 12 p.m.
- Spelman’s 2014 Commencement ceremony will be held Sunday, May 18, at 3 p.m., at the Georgia World Congress Center
- Soledad O’Brien, award-winning journalist, entrepreneur and philanthropist, will be the commencement speaker and receive an honorary degree
- Dr. Wanda Austin, president and CEO of The Aerospace Corporation, will receive an honorary degree
- Malika Saada Saar, human rights lawyer and activist, will receive the National Community Service Award
- The College expects to grant more than 500 bachelor's degrees
- The commencement ceremony will be streamed live at www.spelman.edu starting promptly at 3 p.m.
Media Credentials for the Commencement Activities
Media interested in covering commencement activities or interviewing commencement participants must
request media credentials. Each person within an organization must apply individually
- Please submit credential request by Wednesday, May 14 at 12 p.m. using the Media Credentials Request Form
- Freelance reporters/photographers must present a letter of assignment from an official media outlet
- A business ID will be required - acceptable business identification includes:
- Business card with name, title and address of media outlet
- Police-issued press card
- Recent bylined article indicating you are staff editor, writer, reporter or regular contributor
- Logistical details will be forwarded to media covering commencement on or before Friday, May 16, at 12 p.m.
- The Baccalaureate ceremony will be held Saturday, May 17, at 9 a.m., on the Spelman College Oval
- Media interested in covering Baccalaureate should R.S.V.P on or before Wednesday, May 14 at 12 p.m.
- The Rev. Dr. Raphael Warnock, senior pastor of historic Ebenezer Baptist Church, is Baccalaureate speaker
Photo, Video, Speech Requests
- To request high resolution photographs or video footage from the commencement ceremony, contact Audrey Arthur, 404-270-5892 or email@example.com
Past Commencement Speakers
View video of past commencement speakers