College Prep Institute
The College Prep Institute is a two-week residential program for high school females who are college bound and seeking an exceptional experience from which to launch their college search process.
- Test Prep – exploration of strategies to improve performance on standardized tests through daily workshops on reading, English, math, writing and reasoning skills facilitated by professional instructors.
- College Prep – exploration of career, college application, admission and financial aid issues through daily workshops and Internet sessions facilitated by a college staff counselor.
- Leadership Prep – exploration of special challenges and opportunities for women leaders, conflict resolution, college etiquette, resume writing and communication skills facilitated by professional development experts.
- Social Events and Recreational Activities – includes on- and off-campus activities. All off-campus activities are chaperoned, and participants have use of the Spelman College fitness center and swimming pool.
- Female high school students
- Current high school female students
- GPA 2.5 in academic courses
- Official school transcript
- Teacher recommendation
April 30, 2013