Skip To Content
Photo of a Dorm Room

Renter's Insurance

Image of umbrella representing renter's insuranceSpelman College recommends that students obtain some type of renter’s insurance whether it be a special policy or as part of the parents’ homeowner policy. Generally, renter’s insurance can protect you from loss due to fire, storms, smoke, burglary, etc. Spelman College is not liable for any damage to personal property. We strongly encourage residents to obtain renters insurance prior to moving on campus.

You may purchase renters’ insurance through any provider. Two reputable companies are NSSI and GradGuard. Please visit NSSI and GradGuard websites if you have any questions about coverage, exclusions, and pricing.

View the NSSI Brochure


NSSI College Student Personal Property Insurance