Skip To Content
Spelman College Graduates

Refunds and Adjustments

A student who officially withdraws or takes an official leave of absence from the College within the first 60% of the semester will receive an adjustment to her account based on specific criteria. No adjustments will be made to a student's account if the percentage representing the amount of time remaining in the semester is less than 40% which is October 26,2019 for the fall semester and March 26,2020 for the spring semester.

Federal regulations require the institution to refund excess federal funds to students within 14 days of the date the credit balance occurs. Lab fees and mandatory health insurance are non-refundable charges. Room and board will be prorated evenly by the housing department based on the date of withdrawal. 

E-Refunds

Students are highly encouraged to set up an electronic refund (e-refund) account.

Set-up an e-Refund Account

Students not enrolled in e-refunds, will receive a paper check. The check will be placed in the assigned campus box for students living on campus.  Commuter students can pick up the student refund check at the Cashier’s office.
 

Connect With Us

Spelman Admissions Facebook Spelman Admissions Twitter  Youtube

Contact Us

350 Spelman Lane, SW   Box 277
Atlanta, GA 30314
404.270.5193
1-800-982-2411 (toll-free)
admiss@spelman.edu

Download Admissions App