- Market Friday Sign Up takes place in Manley Student Center, Lower Level, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Market Friday Event Hours: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
There is no preregistration for Market Friday
If you have any questions regarding Market Friday, please contact the Office of
Student Life at 404-270-5144
24 Hour Market Friday Hotline: 404-270-5968
Market Friday Fees:
Normal Vending with Table: $40
Premium Market Friday (Homecoming & Founders Day) Vending with Table: $50
Each Additional Table: $15
Registered Student Organizations Vending: $10
Market Friday Dates
Market Friday occurs each Friday with the exception of the summer break, holiday weekends, and Spelman College Research Day.
- 9/26/2014 NO Market Friday in observance of the AUC Career Fair
- 10/10/2014 NO Market Friday in observance of midterms
3/06/2015 NO Market Friday in observance of midterms
3/13/2015 NO Market Friday in observance of Spring Break
4/03/2015 NO Market Friday in observance of Good Friday
4/10/2015 Founders Day
4/17/2015 NO Market Friday in observance of Research Day
Policies and Procedures
The following policies and procedures for Spelman College Market Friday vendors and participants ensure the safety of our students and guests. Market Friday is sponsored and facilitated by the Spelman Student Government Association. Anyone not adhering to these rules may be barred from participating in Market Friday activities.
The Market Friday Director has the right to refuse any vending services that may pose a liability to the college
The following vending activities are prohibited and cannot be conducted at Market Friday:
• Selling of Food or Beverages
(Student organizations, please see fundraising policy in student handbook)
• Tax Services or Advertising Tax Services
• Selling of Live Animals (turtles, fish, dogs, horses, etc)
• Selling of Hair Extensions (weave)
• Eyebrow arching, waxing, tweezing, or threading
• Braiding, curling, or hair services cannot be performed
• DVD or CDs/replica materials (burned CDs and DVDs)
Vendor approval is up to the discretion of the Director of the Office of Student Life and Engagement.
Policies for All Vendors:
1. Vendors must pay $40 vending fee (CASH or MONEY ORDER ONLY) to Spelman Student Government Association (SSGA) between 10:00 am and 12 noon on the Friday of vending
2. Special rates of $50 apply to Homecoming and Founder’s Day Market Friday
3. Vendors are highly encouraged to bring their own tables no longer than 8” in length
4. VENDORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DOUBLE UP TABLES, EACH INDIVIDUAL VENDOR WILL BE ASSESSED A VENDING FEE. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. VENDING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE & NONTRANSFERABLE (DATE CHANGE ONLY)
6. Each vendor is allowed ONE table per $40 vending fee. There will be a $15 fee for each additional table set up
7. Vendors may only unload their vehicles between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm on the day of vending. All vending vehicle(s) must be cleared off the street by 12:00 pm.
8. Vendors with tents larger than 10x10 must have a fire department permit to be presented to the fire marshal’s office. There must be at least 5-10 feet distance between tents
9. Any vendors with under age children accompanying them will keep the children in their presence. Under NO circumstances will children be allowed to run around campus freely
10. Vendors CANNOT sell redistributed DVD or CDs/replica materials (burned CDs or DVDs).
11. They CANNOT sell fake designer articles and pass them on as real.
12. Vendors MUST fully refund customers for unsatisfactory products (up to three weeks after product was bought). Vendors CAN NOT sell things that are derogatory toward women, promote nudity, drugs, or alcohol (this includes Bob Marley marijuana paraphernalia, etc.)
13. NO food vending is allowed at Market Friday
14. Vendor set-up locations are available on a first come, first serve basis, there are NO reserved “spots”
15. MARKET FRIDAY TAKES PLACE RAIN OR SHINE
Policies for Students:
1. Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) are charged a discounted fee of $10 to vend if they are CURRENTLY enrolled at Spelman, Morehouse, Clark Atlanta, ITC, or Morehouse School of Medicine
2. Students must present their ID in order to setup a table. ID’s are returned once the table is returned. Students are responsible for securing their ID – SSGA shall not be liable for lost IDs
3. RSOs must share tables (3 organizations per 8” table, 2 organizations per 6” table)
Policies for All Participants:
1. At NO time should vendors or students relocate furniture in Lower Manley to accommodate outdoor seating
2. RSOs and/vendors are prohibited to sell open food items (donuts out of a box, homemade cakes or pastries, etc.)
3. All vendors must clean-up their respective areas before departure. Failure to do so will result in being banned from Market Friday.
Policies for DJs:
1. Market Friday DJs will be featured on a rotational basis. DJs must be currently enrolled students at an AUC institution
2. DJ will be set up on the right of the Manley Student Center, Lower Level exit door
3. All extension cords must be mounted down with electrical tape
4. All exit doors will be kept clear at all times