Our mission is to provide a student perspective on giving back, promote awareness of the ways private gifts impact student life and establish a legacy of philanthropy that enhances the future of Spelman College. The Office of Annual Giving student philanthropy give students a close-up look at the fundraising operation at Spelman College, along with the opportunity to be involved in our efforts to raise awareness about the role philanthropy plays at our institution.
Student Impact: Student Giving Campaign
Imagine what your life would be like without Spelman College. The memories you've created, the friends you've made, the information you've learned and the experience you've gained will benefit you for years to come. Here is your opportunity to continue to shape this legacy while establishing your own. Each year, Spelman students demonstrate the spirit of giving by supporting the President's Safety Net Fund. The President's Safety Net Fund was created to support juniors and seniors who are at risk of not graduating from Spelman. This fiscal year, all gifts to the Annual Fund will support scholarships and help ensure a future for Spelman and its daughters. Through your generosity, you will be an inspiration to your sisters to give to the College and make a significant impact on campus through philanthropy.
Past Campaign Results from the Student Giving Campaign:
Academic Year - 2013-2014: $6,115 from 288 students
Academic Year - 2012-2013: $6,542 from 302 students
Academic Year - 2011 - 2012: $5,976 from 286 student
Suggested Giving Amounts Per Class Year
Senior - $20.15
Junior - $15.16
Sophomore - $10.17
Freshman - $5.18
While all gift amounts are welcomed, seniors who contribute $20.15 or more to Spelman, will receive a commemorative Spelman light blue tassel and gold 2015 year tag.
The Class of 2018 and student donors receive the special blue piggy to help them develop a spirit of giving.
Make a gift:
Want to give to the College and become a donor of Spelman? There are FIVE ways to make a gift:
- ONLINE – Click Here TO MAKE A GIFT NOW!!
- PHONE – Call the Office of Annual Giving at 404-270-6410
- IN PERSON – Spelman College Office of Annual Giving, Rockefeller Hall, 2nd Floor
- MAIL – (Us Postal Services) Spelman College | Office of Annual Giving | 350 Spelman Lane, S.W. | P.O. Box #1551 | Atlanta, GA 30314-4399
- GIVING TUESDAY -- Spelmanites, there is still time to make your student gift to the College before the end of the Fall 2014 semester. If you missed the giving tables on Wednesdays, we encourage you to join the Spelman community and the rest of the nation on Tuesday, December 2, 2014 for #GivingTuesday – a movement to celebrate giving and kick-off the holiday season.
Choose Spelman and make your gift. For more information, please visit www.everywomaneveryyear.org/student.php. You may also visit the offices of Melissa Campbell, annual giving officer/student programs or Paige Lee, annual giving coordinator. Their offices are located on the 2nd floor of the Rockefeller building.