Be a Woman of Impact. Every Day. Every Year.
The end of the fiscal year is just weeks away. This is a time to remember everything gained during your Spelman years, and to reflect on how you’ve grown and changed the world.
Our success in the education of young women relies on outstanding faculty, an exceptional curriculum, and superior facilities. We depend on the commitment and support of our alumnae to make these essential components a reality, every year.
Please join your sisters and demonstrate your strength by making your gift today. Imagine the collective impact if all of our 16,000 alumnae make a gift every year. Your contributions can truly change the lives of Spelman students.
Support the young women who follow you in a future full of opportunity, success and choices to change their world. The time is now. The choice is yours.
To be included in the 2012-2013 Report on Philanthropy, your gifts must be received in the mail by Friday, June 28, 2013, or online or by phone by 11:59 p.m. June 30, 2013.
MAKE A GIFT NOW
If you have questions about these efforts, please contact the director of Annual Giving, DeShanna Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show Your Support
We are just 18 days away from the end of the fiscal year. Here are TEN reasons why we need your support of $10 or more:
1. The Spelman Gates - For the first time you walked through them and for every time you return home.
2. The Spelman Hymn - For every time that you have sung, "...May thy dear walls remain" and for every time it has made you tear up.
3. Spelman Students - To date, there are 219 students (rising sophomores, juniors and seniors) with over $1.1 million in unmet financial need. Your contribution will make a direct impact on these students and put the necessary funds in place for the upcoming fall semester.
4. Unique Experiences - Where else would you find an institution with a world-class Archives, Museum, Women's Center, LEADS Center, and the heart of our campus, the Alumnae Arch?
5. Sisters Chapel - The wealth of knowledge that you gained from hearing great speakers within those sacred walls.
6. Class of 2013 - Over 60% of the Class of 2013 made a contribution to Spelman. Their willingness to give of their resources, which were likely limited, is a powerful example of their dedication to Spelman.
7. An Enduring Legacy - We want our alma mater to continue its long standing position as the premier HBCU.
8. Leading by Example - U.S. News & World Report states that Corporation and Foundations base their contributions on the percentage of alumnae that give back. Help us increase that percentage with your gift of at least $10.
9. Spelman Sisterhood - Whether you are from the Class of 1923 or the graduating Class of 2013, Spelman women are united through tradition and a pursuit of excellence. The Spelman Sisterhood has changed the world for more than 132 years and its enduring legacy will live on forever. Your investment of at least $10 will ensure this.
10. Every Woman...Every Year! - If we don't support Spelman, we can't expect others to do the same. Alumnae support is needed each and every year! To be included in the 2012-2013 Report on Philanthropy, your gift must be received in the mail by Friday, June 28, 2013. The deadline for gifts made online or by phone (866) 512-1690 is by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Sunday, June 30, 2013.