For the Media
Thank You for Your Interest in Covering the 129th Spelman College Commencement
All media -- reporters, photographers, videographers, freelancers -- interested in covering the Spelman College Commencement activities must request media credentials no later than Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 12 p.m.
Please download and complete the Media Credentials Request Form
Spelman’s 2016 Commencement ceremony will be held Sunday, May 15, at 3 p.m., at the Georgia International Convention Center (2000 Convention Center Concourse, College Park, GA 30337)
- Loretta E. Lynch, the 83rd Attorney General of the United States, will be the Commencement speaker and receive an honorary degree
- Stevie Wonder, American singer, songwriter, musician, and producer, will receive an honorary degree
- Precious Muhammad will receive the National Community Service Award
- The College expects to grant more than 480 bachelor's degrees
- The Commencement ceremony will be streamed live at www.spelman.edu/livestream starting promptly at 3 p.m.
Media Credentials for the Commencement Activities
Media interested in covering Commencement activities or interviewing Commencement participants must request media credentials. Each person within an organization must apply individually
Please submit credential request by Wednesday, May 11 at 12 p.m. using the Media Credentials Request Form
- Credentials can be picked up in person on the day of the event
- Freelance reporters/photographers must present a letter of assignment from an official media outlet
- A business ID will be required - acceptable business identification includes:o Business card with name, title and address of media outlet
1. Business card with name, title and address of media outlet
2. Police-issued press card
3. Recent bylined article indicating you are staff editor, writer, reporter or regular contributor
- Logistical details will be forwarded to media covering Commencement on or before Friday, May 13, at 12 p.m.
The Baccalaureate ceremony will be held Saturday, May 14, at 9 a.m., on the Spelman College Oval
- Media interested in covering Baccalaureate should R.S.V.P on or before Wednesday, May 11 at 12 p.m.
- Jonathan L. Walton, Ph.D., a Social ethicist and scholar of American religions, is the Baccalaureate speaker
Photo, Video, Speech Requests
Commencement video will be available electronically for download on Sunday, May 15 after 9:30 p.m. Commencement photographs will be available electronically on Monday, May 16 after 12 p.m.
Please forward your video and/or photography requests to Audrey Arthur, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-270-5892 (office), 404-886-3966 (cell).