For the Media
Thank You for Your Interest in Covering the 130th Spelman College Commencement
All media -- reporters, photographers, videographers, freelancers -- interested in covering the Spelman College Commencement activities must request media credentials no later than Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 12 p.m.
Spelman’s 2017 Commencement ceremony will be held Sunday, May 21, at 3 p.m., at the Georgia International Convention Center (2000 Convention Center Concourse, College Park, GA 30337)
Media Credentials for the Commencement Activities
Media interested in covering Commencement activities or interviewing Commencement participants must request media credentials. Each person within an organization must apply individually
Please submit credential request by Wednesday, May 17 at 12 p.m.
- Credentials can be picked up in person on the day of the event
- Freelance reporters/photographers must present a letter of assignment from an official media outlet
- A business ID will be required - acceptable business identification includes:o Business card with name, title and address of media outlet
1. Business card with name, title and address of media outlet
2. Police-issued press card
3. Recent bylined article indicating you are staff editor, writer, reporter or regular contributor
- Logistical details will be forwarded to media covering Commencement on or before Friday, May 19, at 12 p.m.
The Baccalaureate ceremony will be held Saturday, May 20, at 9 a.m., on the Spelman College Oval
- Media interested in covering Baccalaureate should R.S.V.P on or before Wednesday, May 17 at 12 p.m.
Photo, Video, Speech Requests
Commencement video will be available electronically for download on Sunday, May 21 after 9:30 p.m. Commencement photographs will be available electronically on Monday, May 22 after 12 p.m.
Please forward your video and/or photography requests to:
404-270-5892 (office) | 404-886-3966 (cell)