Thank you for your interest in recruiting at Spelman College. The information below will assist you in effectively planning for your information session /interview schedule prior to your visit to our campus. Included are important dates, processes and procedures to make this year’s recruitment as effortless as possible.
- August 22 Classes Begin
- September 3 Labor Day
- September 21 AUC Career Fair
- October 11-12 Mid-semester Examinations
- October 22-26 Homecoming Week
- October 15-16 Fall Break
- November 16 Last Day for On-Campus Recruitment
- November 21-23 Thanksgiving Holiday Break
- November 28 Last Day of Classes
- November 29-30 Reading Period
- December 3-7 Final Exam Week
Information Sessions* /Interview Schedules
When reserving your recruitment dates, please have the following information:
- *Any special or particular room layouts for information sessions (Recommended time: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
- *Food and/or media requests
- Pre-Select or Open Interview Schedules
- Additional breaks on interview schedule in addition to lunch
- Length of interview time slots (typically 30 minutes)
Recruitment Tables (must request at least three days prior to event)
Upon your campus arrival, check-in at the Office of Career Planning and Development before proceeding to the reserved location of your recruitment table so that you may be properly escorted and provided with any additional needs for your visit. (Recommended day/ time: Wednesdays/ 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
To help eliminate confusion, we will take requests from and provide information to the contact person(s) listed in eRecruiting for your company. It will be that contact person’s responsibility to disseminate all information to the appropriate people in your organization regarding date changes, directions, schedules, etc. Please provide your campus recruiter’s cell phone number prior to visiting Spelman.
It is imperative that we are notified as soon as possible if you decide to cancel scheduled interviews, information sessions, or telephone interviews.
If you decide to shorten an interview schedule after students have selected time slots, it will be your responsibility to contact those students and inform them of your intentions and/or alternative interview options (i.e. telephone interviews).
If you cancel your information session and you have made arrangements with Educational Media and/or Spelman Dining Services, it is your responsibility to contact them to cancel your order(s).
Catering (must request seven days prior to event)
If you desire to have food or refreshments, please contact Aramark at 404-581-0700. If you encounter any problems regarding your food or refreshments on the day of your event after 5 p.m., please contact LaFonda Howard at 678-517-2778.
Please call the Office of Career Planning at 404-270-5278 immediately after making your dining reservations to inform us that you are planning for your event to be catered.
Media Requirements (must reserve at least four days in advance)
There is a $150 pre-payment service charge for all media set-up and/or technical support. Your initial request for media equipment such as a TV/VCR, LCD projector, Internet access, cordless microphone, overhead projector, etc., should be made via email to Career Planning and Development at email@example.com.
For confirmation or to make any changes and/or additions to your media request, you must contact Educational Media at 404-270-5617.
Apple computers require a special adaptor to connect to projectors. If you are bringing an Apple or other brand of computer, please let us know, in advance.
Please ship materials seven (7) days prior to your event. We ask that you limit the number of boxes of materials to two (2); unfortunately, we do not have the space or manpower to accommodate more. If you have leftover materials and want them sent to you, please repack and label the box. Contact us the following day to inform us that you have packages ready for shipment. We will have your packages picked up and delivered to our post office. We will discard any materials that have been left without instructions. Our shipping address and physical location is:
Career Planning and Development
350 Spelman Lane, S.W., Box 10
Atlanta, GA 30314-4399
Phone: (404) 270-5273
Location of Campus Buildings
Upon entering the campus, there is always a security guard on duty. He or she will be able to direct you to the Office of Career Planning and Development to check-in and be escorted to your reserved location.
- If your event is located in the Cosby Building (limited availability) in room LL29, LL31 or LL32, take the elevator to the lower level (LL) and look for your room No. 29, 31 or 32.
- Giles Hall (Room 106) – located on the first floor
- Living Learning Center I (LLCI) – There is only one conference room located in this building; it is on the first floor.
- Living Learning Center II (LLCII) – There is only one auditorium located in this building; it is on the first floor.
- Tapley Hall (Room 130) – located on the first floor
Parking is available in the Spelman parking garage located just pass the security gate on the right. The daily parking fee is $3 cash. Cash preferred.
Yellow Cab 404-521-0200
Directions to campus.