- The Financial Aid office will review the student files for accuracy and completeness.
A complete file consists of the following: a signed FAFSA or Electronic SAR, admittance to college as a regular student, and all other document requested by the Financial Aid Office
(tax returns, birth certificates, etc.)
Please be sure to complete the 2012-2013 Verification Worksheet
You may fax the form to the Financial Aid Office at (404) 270-5220
- Students who must submit additional information or make corrections will be sent a letter explaining the necessary steps to making their files complete.
- Students whose files are accurate and complete will be sent an Award Letter explaining the types and amounts of aid they are eligible to receive, as well as directions concerning how the aid will be distributed.
- All students must have completed a FAFSA form in order to receive a Stafford Student Loan. The FAFSA is not needed for the Parent PLUS Loan and Private loans.
- Loans are electronically transmitted to the lender; the lender will send the "Master Promissory Note" (MPN) to the student and/or parent. Please complete, sign, and mail it back to the agency (lender).
- Students and/or parents obtaining loans from an outside lending agency must contact those agencies for applications, school certification forms, and promissory notes.
- Loan funds are sent to the school, via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the student's account. The lender will not disburse any loan funds without a complete and signed MPN.
- If additional scholarship funds come in after award/disbursement of funds, those awards may be adjusted (i.e. reduced or taken away) to prevent an over-award situation
- Award letters are printed in batch and mailed every week.
The student submits all required documents to the financial aid office.