Useful Information from Housing and Residence Life
New student room assignments are processed on a rolling basis. Each student will initially receive her room assignment and roommate(s) information via email to the email provided in the online housing application.
Room assignments may also be viewed on the student’s web portal. If you have questions about housing, please contact us by email at email@example.com
or phone at 404-270-5344.
Spelman College residence halls reflect the history and tradition of the College. No two rooms are exactly alike, so it is impossible to give dimensions of specific rooms or features within a room.
- Every room is equipped with cable, internet and telephone service.
- Every room has a bed, dresser, desk and closet or wardrobe for hanging storage for each student assigned to the room.
- Beds typically have extra-long twin mattresses and mattress pad.
- Shared microwaves and refrigerators are available in each building.
Please Take Note
Although preferences are not guaranteed, the Office of Housing and Residence Life will do its best to accommodate building and room preferences.
Priority housing is assigned after you complete the on-line housing application, the College receives your $300.00 enrollment fee, and health Services receives all health records.
Adherence to indicated deadlines is strongly encouraged.
Housing will pair students based on their responses to the Roommate Questionnaire; however, we do not promise a perfect match. When listing a specific roommate preference, please make sure both applicants indentify her roommate preference. The application must include the name, last 4 digits of the Spelman College Identification number, and the date of birth of your roommate choice. In addition, if you list a roommate, you are indicating that being with a preferred roommate is more important than the choice of residence hall.
Should you have any questions or comments regarding your room assignment, please feel free to contact the housing office directly.
What to Bring to Campus
- Computer, printer, and accessories
Category 5 Ethernet Cord
Coaxial Cable Cord
- Power Strip (UL approved)
Hair Dryer, Curling Iron, etc.
- Cleaning Supplies
- Broom/dust pan
- Clothes hangers
- Storage containers (under the bed units, trunks)
- Iron with automatic cutoff
- Ironing board and cover
- Shower shoes (flip flops for the shower)
- Shower caddy or bucket for toiletries
- Bedding (twin-size sheets, comforter or bedspread, pillow cases, and blankets)
- Memo board/Dry erase board for door
- Combination lock for bins in storage room
- Organizers for school work
- Trash can
What NOT to Bring to Campus
Electrical frying pans
Any electrical items that are not in good working condition
Electrical cooling systems/air conditioners
- Toaster Ovens
- Indoor/Outdoor Grills (including George Foreman Grills)
- Deep fryers (Fry Daddy's)