New Student Orientation
Student Schedule (PDF) | Parent and Family Schedule (PDF)
Greetings from the entire Spelman College community and congratulations on your decision to become a member of the class of 2020. We are looking forward to your arrival for New Student Orientation on August 11.
The mission of the New Student Orientation Program (NSO) complements the College’s mission as it introduces new students to the academic, social, and cultural community of Spelman College. If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Undergraduate Studies at 404-270-5701 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist you.
The NSO Program Seeks to Accomplish the Following:
- Facilitate the smooth transition of new students, including transfer, international, domestic exchange, and Pauline E. Drake scholars to the Spelman community;
- Introduce all students to Spelman’s educational mission, history and unique opportunities;
- Provide academic advisement and course registration;
- Aid students in understanding their responsibilities as members of the Spelman College academic and social communities;
- Provide all new students with opportunities for social and recreational activities that develop sisterhood and supportive networks and that foster a sense of school pride.
You are expected to attend all programs and activities. The programs will help you successfully navigate the Spelman College experience. All changes to the New Student Orientation schedule will be posted on the mySpelman portal under the tab New Student Orientation and in the NSO Guidebook.