Study Abroad Scholarships
- JAMES GATES SUMMER
- GANZ ENDOWED STUDY ABROAD
- J.P. MORGAN CHASE
- MARTIN YANUCK
- RICK J. & ANNA L. MILLS
- LADY VON STUDY ABROAD
The Merrill, Yanuck, J. P. Morgan Chase, Strickland-Cook, Interstudy, Rick J. & Anna L. Mills, Lady Von, and Ganz Endowed scholarships are intended to provide students with an opportunity for study in a foreign setting at a university-level program.
The student must use her award for a semester or year of study for credit to be applied toward the completion of requirements for graduation.
Moreover, the recipient of a Merrill, Yanuck, J. P. Morgan Chase, Strickland-Cook, Interstudy, Rick J. & Anna L. Mills, Lady Von Scholarship, and the Ganz Endowed is expected to return to the college for at least one semester after the completion of her year abroad and during that time she is expected to share her experiences with her fellow students in the college.
Apply Online in Two Steps:
- Complete the Acknowledgement Form
- Complete the Online Application
Sophomore classification at the time of application with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
Good physical and mental health, intellectual curiosity, maturity of judgment, soundness of character, good citizenship on campus and in her home community.
1. Complete and file application by Feb. 1, 2013
Submit information to Study Abroad office, Milligan Bldg., Suite 1000 by 5 p.m.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
2. Type application. Handwritten applications will not be processed
3. Submit transcript of all college work
4. Turn in required medical form
5. Provide committee with two faculty letters of reference which speak of your personal and academic qualities. One letter must be from a professor in your major. Send the letters by Feb. 8, 2013, (no exceptions) to:
Dr. Margery Ganz,
Campus Box 1447
or to the Study Abroad office
Milligan Bldg., Suite 1000
Interviews with the Study Abroad committee will be based on the quality of the application you submit.
Components of the Award:
There is no fixed dollar value of the award
- The award can be used in conjunction with other unrestricted aid toward tuition, room and board, fees, transportation and other subsistence where necessary.
The Awards do not Cover:
- Insurance (unless included in fees of study center)
- Independent travel and optional trips
- Admission to monuments, museums, places of entertainment
- Telephone calls
- Laundry, dry cleaning
- Baggage handling charges and tips at hotels
- Application fees
- Security Deposits
Post Selection Process:
- A recipient is notified in writing of her selection.
- A recipient finalizes her plan of study overseas and files any necessary documents through Dr. Ganz’s office – Milligan Bldg., Suite 1000.
- A recipient is responsible for procuring her passport, her immunizations and arranging her travel to the city of overseas departure.
- A recipient is expected to work closely during this period with Dr. Ganz.