Political Science Minor Requirements
A minor in political science consists of 24 hours (six 4-hour courses). Students minoring in political science are required to take all of the required courses in the major program, with the exception of Senior Seminar. For teacher certification, see the Education Studies Program.
The qualifications for departmental honors include:
- A grade point average of 3.5 or above
- Completion of a senior research paper
- No grade lower than a “B” in political science courses
- No more than two electives taken outside of the Spelman political science department, excluding domestic and international exchange programs
- No withdrawals from major courses unless for reasons of serious illness or other extenuating circumstances
- All required courses must be taken in the Spelman College political science department
Departmental Honor Society
Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society is open to junior and senior majors who have earned at least a 3.5 grade point average and have taken at least four political science courses.
The department sponsors the Political Science Society, an organization that is ope to all majors.