The Pauline E. Drake Scholars' Objectives
The PEDS objectives are to:
- Establish a social solidarity of common interests while maintaining a healthy involvement in all campus activities and environmental affairs.
- Encourage all non-traditional students to participate in the organization. There are a wide range of leadership opportunities available including acting as officers, committee members, interest group administrators, and volunteers. We welcome comments and ideas from all students that will help shape the direction and priorities of the organization.
- Work with SSGA, PULSE, and other campus organizations to offer services that help students balance the responsibilities of work, home, community and higher education.
- Provide a social and emotional base of assistance primarily for our group.
- Establish and maintain the PEDS “Loan-A-Book” Program to serve as an alternative to excessive textbook purchases.
- Provide and recommend resources for academic support.
- Sponsor social events, recreational activities, charitable service, and educational seminars to help build the Spelman College community.
- Plan meetings that will consist of focus, an exchange of ideas, resources, and issues that can provide inspiration and encouragement to each member.
- Promote the urgency of continuing education in the community and schools for all people regardless of age, background, economic, social and/or occupational status.
- Promote the image of a “model student” as an example of adult maturity.