Environmental Science Minor
Download Requirements (PDF)
A total of six courses (24 credits) are required for Environmental Science Minor, which include a minimum of three environmental science courses, and three courses selected from the approved lists of elective courses, and a research project in Environmental Science.
The Minor consists of three sets of requirements:
1. Major Requirements (three courses required)
Students must complete the following courses:
• ES 211 Introduction to Environmental Science & Lab (4)
• ES 251 Air and Atmospheric Sciences (4)
• ES 252 Introduction to Geosciences
2. Three (3) elective courses
The courses below are approved to meet the requirements for Environmental Science Minors. They are subject to revision and this list may be updated when new courses are offered. Course substitutions may also be approved by the Department chair or Dean. Courses cannot be double-counted within the major/ minor or core curriculum.
• ES 200 Environmental Health
• ES 215 Introduction to Toxicology
• ES 250 Food and Energy
• ES 312 Water Resources and Management (4)
• ES 325 Global Environmental Changes (4)
• ES 403 Environmental Science Seminar (2)
• ES 420 Risk Management and Containment Systems
• ES 499 Independent Study
• BIO 110 Population Biology
3. Research Project/Independent Study
The research project may be a 4-hour Independent Study/Research course, or an approved research.