Computer Science Goals and Objectives
The goals of the Computer and Information Science Department are to prepare students for graduate training in some specialized area of computer science, to prepare students for jobs in industry, business, or government, and to provide support courses for students in engineering, mathematics, and other fields requiring computing skills.
Upon successful completion of a major in Computer and Information Science, students will be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving techniques using the computer.
- demonstrate proficiency in at least two high-level programming languages and two operating systems.
- demonstrate proficiency in the analysis of complex problems and the synthesis of solutions to those problems.
- demonstrate comprehension of modern software engineering principles.
- demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in the discipline of computer science.