Computer and Information Sciences Goals and Objectives
The goals of the computer and information sciences department are to prepare students for graduate training in some specialized area of computer science, to prepare students for jobs in industry, business or government, and to provide support courses for students in engineering, mathematics and other fields requiring computing skills.
Upon successful completion of a major in computer and information sciences, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving techniques using the computer
- Demonstrate proficiency in at least two high-level programming languages and two operating systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in the analysis of complex problems and the synthesis of solutions to those problems
- Demonstrate comprehension of modern software engineering principles
- Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in the discipline of computer science