Sylvia T. Bozeman, Ph.D.
Title: Professor of Mathematics, Department of Mathematics
Office: 404-270-5827; fax, 404-270-5836
Location: Science Center 154, Box 270
Emory University, Ph.D.
Vanderbilt University, M.A.
Alabama A & M University, B.A.
Math 233- Foundations of Mathematics
Math 365- Differential Equations
Math 487- Senior Seminar
“Improving the Graduate School Experience for Women in Mathematics: The EDGE Program,” (with Rhonda Hughes), Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering, vol. 10, pp. 243-253, 2004.
“Graduate Education: Reconsidering Our Response”, (with Rhonda J. Hughes), Mathematicians and Education Reform Forum, Vol 12, No. 3, Summer 2000, pp.8-9.
- Lifetime Service Award, National Association of Mathematicians, January 2012
- True Blue Award, Spelman College, April 2010
- Elected as Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science February, 2010
- 2008 Mentor Award, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Distinguished Service Award, The Mathematical Association of America, Southeastern Section, 2003.
- Catalyst for Institutional Change Award, Quality Education for Minorities Science and Engineering Network, 2003.
- Pinnacle Leadership Award of the Fortitude Educational and Cultural Development Foundation, East Point/College Park Alumnae Chapter of Delta Signa Theta Sorority, Inc., February, 2003.
- Diversity in mathematics graduate education, particularly the inclusion of women and those from underrepresented groups
- Science and mathematics education of students from groups underrepresented in STEM disciplines
See my CURRICULUM VITA