Georges Nana, Ph.D.
Title: Senior Lecturer of Foreign Languages, Department of Spanish
Location: The Camille Olivia Hanks Cosby, Ed.D. Academic Center, Room 435, Box 719
University of Michel de Montaigne, Ph.D.,
University of Yaoundé, M.A.
University of Yaoundé, B.A.
SPAN 101/102/201/202:Elementary and Intermediate Spanish
SPAN 307: Spanish Composition
SPAN 308: Introduction to Literary Texts in Spanish
SPAN 485: Senior Comprehensive
- Academic Research Fields: Contemporary Spanish Literature,
- Afro-Hispanic and Hispano-African Literatures and Cultures, Comparative Literature, Postcolonial Studies
- Geographic Focus: Europe (Spain and France), Africa, Latin America and Caribbean
- Issues: Spanish Civil War in Literature, African Immigration to Europe,
- Cultural Representations (Spanish and “Black” identity, “Creolisation”)
- Additional Key Words: Narrative Theory, African Diaspora, Memory, Race and Ethnicity
- Digital media and Instructional Technology to Foreign Language Learning
- Poétique de la narration de Camilo José Cela. Saarbrücken: Presses Académiques Francophones, 2012 (Foreword by Geneviève Champeau, Pr. Emeritus University of Bordeaux 3).
- Les rapports intergénériques dans l’œuvre de Camilo José Cela : roman, nouvelle et récit de voyage. Lyon: Atelier National de Reproduction de Thèses (Revised version of my Ph.D. Dissertation), 2009.
- “Mapping the “real maravilloso” in three African novels in Spanish: Cuando los combes luchaban by Leoncio Evita Enoy, Ekomo by María Nsue Angüe and El esqueleto de un gigante by R. M. Johlio and P. P. Viñuales.” Middle Atlantic Writers Association (forthcoming)
- “Meeting Others: A Professor’s personal reflections and contemplations during a professional excursion to Chile.” Generation and Greatness February 2009: 12-15.
Review of Hacia una poética Afro-Colombiana: el caso del Pacífico, by Alain Lawo-Sukam. Afro-Hispanic Review (forthcoming)
Spelman College Faculty Development Internal Small Grant to support a paper presentation at the 2009 Annual College Language Association Convention in Cambridge, MD. $1,100.00 awarded January 2009.
Spelman College Presidential Award for Teaching (nominated), 2009.
Diploma Examiner for the International Baccalaureate, Cardiff/United Kingdom, 2009 - present.