Apply To Become a Math Lab Tutor
- The best candidates are highly dependable, have excellent communication skills, an interest in working one-on-one or in small groups with their peers, and a solid command of the course material.
- Provide tutoring in Mathematics and assist students as needed.
- Assist the Math Lab Director in advertising tutoring services and special events.
- Attend tutor meetings and training.
- Keep up-to-date with mathematics skills for subjects that will be tutored.
- Help maintain the Lab – pick up used paper, put away inventory, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
[Exceptions may be made for qualified students who demonstrate an earnest desire to provide competent tutorial services to Spelman students. If hired, this student will be monitored on a probationary basis.]
Must be a STEM major who has completed at least 24 college credit hours.
- Have completed Calculus II/Applied Calculus II, with a minimum grade of B.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, with a 3.0 in mathematics courses.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Must have personal warmth and approachability.
- Committed to being a team player.
Department Contact: Ms. Tiffanie V. Scruggs -Math Lab Director – Tapley 312
Contact Information: 404-270-5831 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Specific schedule created to fit around classes.
Download the Math Lab Tutor Application form.