FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Soledad O’Brien, Award-Winning Anchor and Author, to Make Keynote Address
In today’s society and challenging economy, women are busier than ever juggling the roles of breadwinner, emerging professional, community leader, wife and mother. It’s time to stop, reassess and put ourselves first in order to maximize what we do for others. It’s time to reset.
Identifying strategies to help 21st century women leaders reset and sustain is more important than ever. The seventh annual Spelman College Leadership and Women of Color Conference will address these issues and others during, “Reset: Sustaining Women for 21st Century Leadership.” Conference attendees and key experts will discuss:
- Professional and personal sustainability issues, challenges and opportunities. Is personal sustainability achievable for 21st century leaders?
- What are the critical leadership skills necessary to achieve personal and professional sustainability?
- How do women create roadmaps to successfully sustain strong families, friendships and communities?
The two-day Conference is a must-attend event for men and women in both the corporate and private sectors seeking professional and personal developmental opportunities to enhance essential leadership skills.
- Keynote Speaker: Soledad O’Brien, award-winning anchor and author, CNN
- Legacy of Leadership Award Honorees – Female Veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
- Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum, president, Spelman College
- Dr. Jane Smith, executive director, Spelman College Center for Civic & Leadership Engagement (LEADS)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 2011
Atlanta Marriott Marquis
265 Peachtree Center Avenue
Atlanta, Georgia, 30303
THURSDAY, MAY 12, 2011
350 Spelman Lane, SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
About Spelman College
Founded in 1881, Spelman College is a highly selective, liberal arts college widely recognized as the global leader in the education of women of African descent. Located in Atlanta, Ga., the college’s picturesque campus is home to 2,100 students. Outstanding alumnae include Children's Defense Fund founder Marian Wright Edelman; Sam’s Club CEO Rosalind Brewer; JPMorgan Chase Foundation President Kimberly Davis; former acting Surgeon General and Spelman’s first alumna President Audrey Forbes Manley; Harvard College Dean Evelyn Hammonds; author Pearl Cleage; and actress LaTanya Richardson Jackson. For more information, visit www.spelman.edu.