Institutional Advancement View IA Contact List
The role of the Division of Institutional Advancement is to further the mission of Spelman College. We deliver services, adhering to professional standards and codes of ethics, while upholding the values and principles of harmony, respect, compassion, open communication, mutuality, collaboration and teamwork. Specifically, the Division of Institutional Advancement provides support, expertise, and leadership to:
- Secure private and public financial resources for support of the annual fund, special projects, student scholarships, the endowment, and other institutional programs and priorities and campaign initiatives;
- Properly steward and appropriately recognize our supporters;
- Heighten awareness of our unique brand to key publics in domestic and international markets;
- Serve as a resource in providing information to the campus community about fund-raising initiatives and constituency relations;
- Involve our supporters and friends in the life of the College through a variety of special events and other constituent-specific initiatives;
- Develop programming and benefits to strengthen alumnae ties and encourage lifelong support of their alma mater; and
- Foster creative and quality communications, internally and externally, to keep stakeholders accurately informed about institutional achievements and our continued progress toward educational excellence!
The Division of Institutional Advancement is vested with the responsibility of raising visibility and credibility, cultivating friends, and securing financial resources to keep the promise of Spelman College as the liberal arts institution of choice for women of African descent.
Our vision is to create top of mind presence among our constituencies and the global community that will lead to desired levels of support and advocacy from public and private sectors.
In realizing this vision, we seek to create, sustain and support a climate of harmony, respect, and compassion that values innovation, empowers the individual, recognizes talent, celebrates achievement, and fosters a spirit of open communication, mutuality, collaboration, teamwork and fun!