Spelman College Visual Identity Guidelines
A major branding element in the marketing of Spelman College is its visual identity program, which consists of guidelines and a work group in the Office of PR/Communications to advise on their use. The Spelman College visual identity program has been designed to support the College’s goals for producing clearly identifiable, high-quality marketing communications for the public. The visual identity guidelines provide general directions for using the College’s official trademarks and symbols.
To ensure that the Spelman College brand is marketed in a consistent and intent manner, certain elements of its trademarks and visual identity must be used in a way that retains their graphic integrity. The visual identity guidelines are designed for implementation in all internal and external publications, and both print and electronic communications.
Visual Identity Guidelines (PDF)
Logos to Download
Spelman College Branding Platform
Spelman is a prestigious, highly selective, historically Black college that prepares women to change the world. Our holistic liberal arts education empowers women to excel intellectually, think creatively, serve wholeheartedly, act globally, and lead boldly. Located in Atlanta, Georgia, our multifaceted, person-centered learning community creates lasting bonds of sisterhood and support. Providing an educational experience unlike any other, Spelman embraces a long-standing and life-changing commitment to academic rigor, career development, community involvement, and positive social impact.
- Spelman College is the nation's foremost historically Black liberal arts college for women.
- Spelman College has a legacy of empowering women to succeed and to lead.
- Spelman College empowers Black women to be leaders by inspiring them to recognize their purpose and realize their potential.
- Spelman College prepares forward-thinking, socially conscious women to change the world in meaningful ways.
- Spelman College provides long-standing, life-changing connections to a diverse and dynamic sisterhood.
- Spelman College delivers an outstanding education that results in successful employment and/or graduate school placement.
"A Choice to Change the World"
About Spelman College:
Founded in 1881, Spelman College is a prestigious, highly selective, liberal arts college that prepares women to change the world. Located in Atlanta, Ga., this historically Black college boasts a 79 percent graduation rate, and outstanding alumnae such as Children's Defense Fund Founder Marian Wright Edelman; former U.S. Foreign Service Director General Ruth Davis, authors Tina McElroy Ansa and Pearl Cleage; and actress La Tanya Richardson. More than 83 percent of the full-time faculty members have Ph.D.'s or other terminal degrees, and the average faculty to student ratio is 11:1. More than 2,100 students attend Spelman.
For more information, contact the Office of Communications.